A TOKEN FROM A FRIEND (old entry form Tumblr)

Last December 2012, I received a lot of gifts from my mom, dad, friends, and relatives for Christmas season. Honestly, I didn’t notice some gifts that were given to me, until I fixed my closet (where I put my gifts) last April 1. I saw a small, brown paper bag with items in it.






I remembered the one who gave me this gift was Lyndzee, a friend of mine that loves K-Pop and one of the Mathematicians in class. (smart kid ;>) I murmured the words written on the paper bag that says “Parent Survival Kit. An assortment of items with special meanings”.   I wondered why she will give me this gift even though I’m not a parent. Without hesitance, I opened it and saw these items:

 Balloon


 Bandage


Candle 


Cotton Ball


Eraser


Jewel


Paper Clip


Pencil & Notebook


Puzzle Piece


Rubber Band


Tissue


Toothpick


Word of God



And then, I saw a paper that tells me all the special meanings of those items that I saw!
  • Balloon- To remind you to encourage your children to reach for the sky
  • Bandage- To heal hurt feelings
  • Candle- To thank you for being a guiding light to your children
  • Cotton Ball- to help soften the rough times
  • Eraser- A reminder that we all make mistakes, but every day we can start with a clean slate
  • Jewel- Your children are precious treasures
  • Paper Clip- To keep everything in order
  • Pencil & Notebook- To “write” your wrongs and list all your blessings every day
  • Puzzle Piece- Because you are an important piece in your child’s journey through life
  • Rubber Band- To remind you to be flexible and to stretch and grow with your children
  • Tissue- For drying tears of joy and sadness, your child’s and yours
  • Toothpick- To “pick out” the good qualities in your children
  • Word of God- To help and guide you “For the word of God is living and full of power, and is sharper than any two-edged sword” Hebrews 4:12

~After reading it, I realized that my parents are my guardian angels because they always guide me and they always forgive me if I done something wrong. Even I break their heart for doing a stupid thing, they still forgive me sincerely. I realized that they’re mission is to mold me to a better person that can survive on the future. This token from my friend reminded me that my parents are supposed to be thank with and they should be treated like how they treated us because all the sacrifices that they made will pay off.
So, I really thank Lyndzee for giving me a token not only for Christmas, but also a life time reminder about my parents. Good thing she has this point-of-view for parents and child(ren). I mean she values family just like me. :))
I want to end this with a quote about parents and children.
“Parents rarely let go of their children, so children let go of them.
They move on. They move away.
The moments that used to define them are covered by
moments of their own accomplishments.

It is not until much later, that
children understand;
their stories and all their accomplishments, sit atop the stories
of their mothers and fathers, stones upon stones,
beneath the water of their lives.”
― Paulo Coelho
so, try to think thoroughly about your parents… you will realized a lot of things that will wake you up ;)
~I’m really lucky to have that gift. :’) (and I’m happy that I’m sharing all of these to YOU! =D) Hope you can reflect :))
(pictures are from Google; didn’t have time to take pictures :/)






\
























Comments

Popular Posts