2021: A Fresh Start


It feels weird to be writing on this online diary again after eight years. I have so much to document!! But to kick off 2021, I decided to share the things that kept me busy from December 30, 2020, until January 2, 2021.

Last week, I only had 2-work days and enjoyed the holidays as much as I could. I did not do much during those 2 days prior to the second part of the holidays other than reporting all project updates to my colleagues and manager. I was honestly in a holiday mood already. I started the morning of December 30 by celebrating the birthday of my bias in BTS, V, also known as Kim Taehyung. He turned 26 (Korean Age) and 25 (international age). His birthday was celebrated by his fans all over the world! I also joined a cup sleeve event prepared by Ana Gonzales and I received the package days before Taehyung's birthday.  A lot of my friends were surprised I became a hardcore BTS ARMY last 2020 and I would love to share the story behind this next time.

                   Images: TWITTER



Video: TWITTER, VLIVE

The simple celebration at home was followed by watching a new series called Bridgerton. I fell in love with it instantly after watching the first episode. Why? Do yourself a favor and watch it on Netflix because you will know what I mean. In my opinion, it has similarities with Gossip Girl, but make it 19th century. I managed to finish the first season before New Year's Eve and now, I could not wait for what's next!

                      Image: NETFLIX

The night of December 30, 2020, was also eventful as I met up with some friends for drinks. I didn't have any photos that night but I am sure that I had a great time with them. On the other hand, New Year's Eve was quaint and simple compared to the ones we had before. My family and I just stayed at home for Media Noche and Noche Buena. My mom cooked some good food that we all feasted on while I ordered a tres leches cake from The Bakerista, which is owned by my good friend and fellow BTS ARMY. In addition, I made sure I had my essentials with me that night: my favorite Greek Salad, water, and the link to the New Year's Eve Live Concert organized by Weverse. Some of the Big Hit artists who performed during the concert are BTS, ENHYPEN, and TXT. I definitely had a memorable NYE at home with my family and my laptop, hahah!

                                Image: WEVERSE


By January 1, I was welcomed by the news that Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin are dating in real life. This made me so happy because I loved their chemistry in Crash Landing On You! If you have not seen this yet, please watch it on Netflix! It is worth your time. My family and I attended a dinner hosted by the HofileƱas and Javelosas. It was quite awkward for me because the people who organized this was the family of someone I used to date. He was also there, we barely talked, but I think we both made it through the night. 

January 2 was also eventful because my friends and I decided to take a trip to the mountains. The weather was so unpredictable that day. We took cute photos though! We all had dinner at Samgyupsalamat before we all headed home. 





                                  Location: Stone Peak at Don Salvador Benedicto

I am glad that I spent my holidays with my family and closest friends. I felt relaxed and recharged before going back to reality again tomorrow, January 4, 2021! Speaking of January 4, my brother will already turn 10! Time flies! So how did you spend your holidays? Let me know what happened or transpired!

Xo,
Ki

Comments

Popular Posts