Filed Under: June Archive

We're halfway there. 

It's funny because I still vividly remember how I spent January 1st this year. It seemed like weeks ago when my friends and I were planning a trip to the mountains so our friend from Manila would also get to explore the outskirts. 2 hair colors and a few months later, June happened. For this month, I have not gone out of the house at all. Okay, maybe just twice. 

Proof of life :)

My family practiced home quarantine because COVID19 cases in my province suddenly surged. We barely went out and we only did if we had to replenish our pantry. I think people became lax and overconfident now that most of them are vaccinated. The thing is, vaccines cannot fully protect us against the virus. It essentially just gives us another layer of defense that can fight the RNA. People still need to be mindful of their surroundings and think about their safety. This is because based on the latest data and reports, hospitals here are starting to decline COVID19 patients due to capacity issues. It is unfortunate that we all have to witness this, or worse, go through this. Hence, if you have nothing important to do outside, just stay at home with your loved ones. You're not only protecting yourself and your family, but you are also saving others' lives. 

While we were practicing home quarantine, I noticed that two important events would fall under the 2-week quarantine period:

1. UA&P ARMY FESTA and,
2. My birthday

ARMY Festa

Now, who would have thought!! Who would have thought that an online community Maits, Biancs, and I started will grow?? None of us did! It all started with a goal of forming a GC in Messenger just to fangirl and budol with fellow ARMYs from UA&P. While we achieved those goals in the first few weeks, holding an online event for BTS’s 8th Anniversary crossed our minds—but of course, we did a pulse check to see if people are interested! When we got the results, a lot of people were interested! Because of the data that we have gathered, we planned and executed the whole get-together in 5 weeks! Within that period, we were able to source all of our suppliers, prepare our program, calculate assets and liabilities, and contact sponsors! We had zero cash-on-hand and I'm so happy that we got around 10 sponsors for this event! So what did we do in the first place? We prepared a goodie bag for those who are willing to purchase it for 300 pesos, excluding the shipping fee. The goodie bag made of canvas contained the following items: alcohol, photocards, sticker pack, scrunchies, photo booth pictures, and more photocards!
What's inside the goodie bag
Attendees! UA&P ARMY (Alumni and Students)


How come organizing university events was not this easy?! Oh well, the power of Bangtan!! I can't wait to organize more events in the future! The next one would probably be for their comeback or Jungkook’s 24th birthday hehe we will see but for now, happy 8th birthday to my haven--Bangtanseonyeondan. It was a pleasure celebrating their day and meeting other ARMYs from UA&P.

23rd

I turned 23 this year. I already had a plan in mind on what to do or how to celebrate my day, but everything just changed when we started to practice home quarantine. I understood why we had to be at home starting June 1 but I got stressed because I was planning to bring my friends somewhere, perhaps an overnight stay at a nice and relaxing beach. I was sulking but I eventually just accepted that I will be stuck at home with my family and my laptop during my birthday. I celebrated my day in the most unexpected way ever. I didn't expect my friends to prepare a lot for my day. One hour before the clock struck 12, Chlint invited me to join a zoom call as she wants to "tell me something". When I entered the call, I was surprised that most of my closest friends were there. Emily prepared a very succinct PowerPoint, which made me laugh and thought that my closest friends know me so much.
The Slides

Aside from the PowerPoint presentation, she also prepared a game for all of us to enjoy. And right, my competitiveness shined through while playing the game she prepared! Hahaha! I thought the surprise was over but my friend, Miro, came over and dropped his birthday gifs to me. The morning after, Chlint was asking how am I or if someone dropped by. I answered her candidly that I felt okay and none dropped by. A few minutes after her message, I was so surprised Patong and Nicole were outside my house with a life-size Taehyung standee! I swear when I saw the standee, I was jumping up and down because I have always wanted one!! Ariana, a family friend, also dropped by and gave me some gifts. I noticed the most gifts I received were BTS-related! And I ain't complaining at all. It was also sweet of Maita and Bianca to have their gifts for me shipped from their homes to Bacolod. I got some really cute BTS stickers and photocards! This year's celebration was a very simple one, yet I would not have it any other way. I am still blessed that God has given me more years to live and achieve my dreams, that I am fully clothed, that I am eating well, that I have my family and friends with me, and that we are all safe.

 
Closest friends who celebrated my day physically and virtually <3
Sooo happy with my gifts hehe


Always,
Ki

Comments

Popular Posts